Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sick

Yuch. I'm sick. I've held out for this long, 6 months or so, but it finally got me. I tend to get a rediculous number of colds so a 6 month health streak for me is really good. But, I'm sick and I feel crappy. Plus, my husband is now at a conference so I have to fend for myself.

I was looking forward to having some time to myself, especially since I now feel less than stellar, but then everyone and there mother decided to come to Jerusalem this week. This happens now and again, everybody comes here to visit at the same time. This is nice to a certain extent, I really see more people now than when I lived in the US, but everybody expects you to host them, drive them around, and make an effor to see them, even if they're not your best friends. A lot of times I feel like people come to see Jerusalem and then I get sucked in in the process.

This is particularly frustrating this week because my dad is coming to spend a precious 3 days with me, which I am so looking forward to. I had it all planned out. Spend a couple of days by myself, relaxing, and getting better, so that when my dad gets here I can really enjoy it. Now I have to squeeze in at least two more social obligations that I would really just rather skip. Sucks.

I don't want to feel hosted out by the time the people who I really care about get here. It makes me resent seeing all the people who I should be happy to see because I'm worried about being too worn out to enjoy my family and good friends. This stuff is precious and hard to come by. Again, sucks.

But, Yay. My daddy is coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home