Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Green Light

Ack! Maccabi approved my IVF!

I had my appointment with my RE this past Sunday. It was a bit disappointing because we didn't talk much about protocol like I expected, we just filled out lots of paperwork (I'm sure the other people waiting in line for their appointment were thrilled with that), to get the approval from my health insurance for the IVF. I really didn't expect it to be done this week due to Independence day and Memorial day, but low and behold I went to the website this morning on a whim and it was approved! Holy Shit! (I always feel like I have to censor my language when I write here, but this is my blog, not a TV show, so enough of that).

I am currently still on BCPs, which ended up being a good thing so that I wasn't too stressed while waiting for the Israeli bureaucracy to process my request. Now I wait to hear from my doctor as to what to do next. I have a bunch of prescriptions waiting in my folder to be filled, and from what I understand so far, I will be told to stop the BCPs, wait to get my period (again...) and go from there. From looking at my prescriptions it looks like I'll be doing a Cetritide, Gonal F protocol. I will update with details when I get them. I'm excited and terrified a the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home