Notes to the Participants
This past week (well, last week, I'm a little behind on the posting, heh) was a bit overwhelming. E was away the entire week for a conference and I was looking forward to having some time to myself. E and I are not a couple who does things by ourselves. We do everything together. It's great, we love it and it's who we are. But every now and then it's nice to be able to do what you want, when you want, and not have to take another person into account. So, I had lofty plans of sitting on the couch doing nothing, laying in the sun doing nothing, and doing lots more of nothing. And wouldn't you know, my entire week gets sucked away by... stuff. I have no idea how it happened, but not only did I not have free time in the end, I also ended up being more stressed out than normal. So here are some notes to all the participants in my lovely week of relaxation, lets do it again soon, ok?
Note to the Puppy:
Just because I am not E does not mean I cannot hold down the fort! While the sentiment is appreciated and I know you care, the 300% increase of barking drives me insane. And my insanity in turn drives you more insane because you think I am losing control. A lovely cycle.
The pups likes a leader and no matter what I do I can't convince her that I am worthy of that position. Since E has returned all has quieted down and the Puppers's nervous habits, like licking etc., are dissappearing once again. I, on the other hand, am still pissed by the obvious disrespect shown by the furry member of our household.
Note to the endocrinologist:
Yes, I know a "monkey" could treat hypothyroidism. And while this is the case, it is still glaringly obvious that I am being undertreated by said "monkey" and that is why I still feel like crapola. Plus, the upping your dosage by 30% thing when you get pregnant? Good to know, I'm sure the "monkey" wouldn't have told me that when the time comes. I'm sorry my disease is not so interesting, but until I can write my own blood test referrals and perscriptions someone with a medical degree has to take care of me.
Dude, the medical system in this country can be great and cheap but they really do require all of their patients to have a degree in googleology in order to get good treatment.
Note to the Invitation Lady:
I appreciate you giving me some freelance work of the artisty variety, but I am undercharging you and you need to get your clients to make up their minds. The work I do for you does take more than five seconds to do.
Oy, this sounds very whiny. But now that the notes have been given we can all move on with our lives. Maybe next time I'll actually be able to sit on my butt and watch TV like I planned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home