Thanksgiving
When I started this blog I didn't intend for it to be a ttc blog. I knew that trying to have kids was on the horizon, but I thought I would be able to do all of the trying in private, suddenly get pregnant, and continue on with my life.
My temperature has dropped as far as I can tell, and I should get my period in a couple of days. I know three months in the grand scheme of things is really nothing, but when you are in the middle of it it's really hard. Statistically, I know that three months literally is nothing, even if you do everything perfectly. Every month that we don't get pregnant though, is another month closer to when not getting pregnant does mean something. That is what I am most scared of.
I know what I'm going through is nothing compared to what women are going through who have been in the throws of infertility for years. I feel bad for being so upset when we're at such an early stage of things, but everyone must process what they are going through no matter where they are in life. That's what my blog is for. I hope anyone who stumbles across my blog from the IF community will understand that.
I am sad. It will pass.
Thanksgiving came right on time this year. I'm really looking forward to the comfort food, the cooking for the sake of cooking, relaxing, and drinking lots of wine.
My sister and brother in laws are coming to share the meal with us. They probably think I'm a bit weird for making such a big meal for no reason, but I hope they get some comfort from the evening as well. Spending time with the people you love really is important.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Comments:
Don't feel bad for being upset, having a baby is an important, life changing event and your feelings about it are completely valid. True, other women may have been trying to get pregnant for longer, but that doesn't make your dissapointment any less understandable. That said, I'm sure that you will get pregnant soon. As you mentioned, you're still in the early stages of trying so there is plenty of time! Many hugs and positive vibes your way Timi. :)
Ari
Post a Comment
<< Home