34 Weeks
Most women complain that pregnancy hormones make them super crazy and stressed out. Me, on the other hand, my pregnancy hormones have made me the most chilled out that I have ever been in my life. My relationship with E has never been better, we are really enjoying each other, and I think I can count the fights we’ve had on one hand. I know all of this is apt to change as soon a my hormones come crashing down after the birth, but considering how depression from taking the pill really colored the last couple years of my life, this is a very pleasant surprise. Ever since I quit the pill because I realized they were making me crazy I have lived in fear of the hormone dump of pregnancy and it’s aftermath. So far pregnancy has been good to me in that respect (my mom actually told me she had the same chill out effects during her pregnancies), but I know post birth could be a whole other story. I’m bracing myself, and will deal with it when it comes (though if I suddenly have lots of issues I will be writing here a lot more, brain churning=need to write on blog).
So, as I get to the end of this pregnancy (no, I don’t know how it happened either) I can say that the best pregnancy benefits that I’ve had have been the happy hormones and clear skin. Seriously, my skin is better than it was even on ortho*tri*cyclen, I don’t think my skin has been this clear since I was 10. I’m hoping for a permanent hormone reset on this particular aspect (reduction in PMS symptoms might be nice too), we’ll see what happens.
I have to say that pregnancy hasn’t been the most enjoyable experience of my life, but besides the pretty awful first four months the rest has been pretty smooth sailing (knock on wood, I know I’m very lucky). I’d love to list the things that I feel like are going well for me, but the pregnancy isn’t over and I don’t want to anger the karma gods. Let’s suffice it to say that a lot of typical pregnancy woes have skipped me over some how. I’ll elaborate once this whole thing is (b”h) over safely.

1 Comments:
Where have you been? I thought you decided to give up blogging. I am glad to hear that everything is going so well for you. Not much longer, and you will have a sweet little baby in your arms.
Post a Comment
<< Home