Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cloth Part II

Diapers, where to buy them. The internet. I essentially ordered everything I needed online and had it sent to muy parents' house who then brought it over in their suitcases. From what I understand there is one Israeli website that sells cloth diapers but they only sell fuzzibunz or something. I have used cotton babies for all of my diapers, covers, and accessories, and I've gotten great service from them and they have a great selection. I highly recommend.



As for diaper accessories we definetely have bought some things that make life easier. We bought bummi diaper totes 2 big diaper bags as pail liners, and 2 little ones to take with me in my diaper bag. I also bought cloth wipes once I realized that it was too annoying to separate out the used wipes from the diapers before I threw them in the pail. This way it all gets washed and again, fewer trips to the drugstore.



Now, how we do this whole diaper thing. I just want to preface this with if you don't like doing wash this won't be fun for you. I personally love doing the wash, it's the only cleaning I enjoy and am good at. To each their own. If you're ok with doing wash, than cloth diapering is a snap, otherwise it may not be for you. As of now we do a diaper wash every other day, but it's only a half load so I just bought 12 more cpfs and 2 more covers to help spread out the loads more. I just started feeling guilty about running the wash for only half a load.



As for our routine, we put the dirty diapers in a plastic trashcan with a large diaper tote in it, no water no nothing. When it's time to wash, I throw it in the washer, soak them and drain them to get the real dirt off and then run a hot cycle with detergent. That's all it takes. To be honest, we started using baby detergent but it just didn't get the stains out. I used Tide on one batch (use Tide Free if you have it, they just don't sell it here so I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't bother Adi's skin) and it got the diapers much cleaner. Plus we now see that Adi is not allergic to Tide, woo hoo. To get the real stains out the sun does the best job. For us in the summer that's great, we hang all of our laundry to dry and it is dry in about 10 minutes, no joke. The winter takes a bit longer and when it's cloudy it's into the dryer it they go.

The whole thing is really very easy, and there is something very sastifrying about the whole process as well. I love it. So, if you were ever even remotely considering cloth, my official review is two thumbs up, go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home