Thursday, March 06, 2008

One Week Down

Here I am, finishing up my first week of work after maternity leave. I can't exactly say that it has been my most productive week ever, but I'm easing in slowly.
My absolutely wonderful boss is letting me work from home for the first couple of weeks. This could definetely be lending to the lack of productivity but also to the lessening of trauma from sending my three and a half month old to a nanny.
So far so good with the nanny. She lives down the hill from us, is Scottish, and seems very invested in the kids she has taken care of. She does it more as a retired hobby than to make money. As much as I felt that I wasn't good at the full time caring of Adi, I still feel like there's nothing like being with your Ima. But life must go on, and a new routine must begin. At least she'll get to know the nanny before she hits the stranger anxiety stage.
But I miss her. I need the time to myself, and work isn't bad. But I miss her.
Because Adi pretty much sucks at taking naps, she's very cranky in the afternoons. I feel like I only get her bad time now. I want her smiley talkative mornings as well.
I'm sure I'll get used to things, but like I said, I miss her.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Christy said...

How are naps going now? Izzy loves taking 30 minute cat naps. It is frustrating. He is usually pretty fussy in the evenings too. But, I think most babies are fussy in the evenings - regardless of their naps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home