Thursday, May 12, 2011

What the...

I just got some blood results back from a whole battery of tests I did to prepare for IVF and my TSH was completely out of whack. It was 12.3, and it hasn't been over 1.5 for about two years. What has changed???? That's a little scary, I've gotten used to tweaking my meds to fine tune between 2 and .5 (I feel best when it's at about 1), but 12.3? Holy crap, I'm surprised I'm still functioning. I'm thinking it might be due to the BCPs, I think they might be interfering with the absorption of the medication even though I take them at night and thyroid medication in the morning. I called my RE and he said to bump up my meds and we'll retest in two weeks.

My RE is great, but the one thing is that he doesn't take hypothyroidism particularly seriously. I know people have different takes on it, but I can't imagine that it is helping me get pregnant to have my thyroid be so out of whack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home