Gone Fishing
Unfortunately not really, just my brain. It's summer, it's hot, I should be on vacation. Since I'm not, my brain went without me.
One of the most difficult things about living far away from my family is that every single vacation day that I have must be dedicated to visiting the fam. I use up a good 7 vacation days or so everytime I go to the US, and I just don't have a whole lot more than that. I have to prioritize, and my vacation in the Greek Islands, or Turkey, or even Tel Aviv is just constantly given up. E is really a good sport about the whole thing, it's not so much fun for him either. I just never really get the mental recharge that I need. Every now and then my brain just gives up and goes on vacation without me.
Things that I have been focusing on since I can't think about anything important (in no particular order):
- What am I going to buy when I go home? This is very important. I need (need in the loose sense of the word) to get new Jeans, books, ziplock freezer bags (don't ask, just know that Cosco has its benefits), and something fun at Sephora (this deserves a post in it of itself because we all know how crucial glittery makeup is in the grand scheme of things).
- Oooh. I better start shopping online now to prepare myself.
- Any suggestions from the peanut gallery (that's you, my readers)? What's the good stuff I've been missing out on?
- Oh, I forgot, must buy more Kraft mac and cheese (yes, I import the stuff).
- I must finish the Ketuba for my sister's wedding, otherwise my name will be mud. Here's a picture of my grandfather checking out the ketuba I made for my cousin's wedding a couple of weeks ago:

They are hard work, and I burnt myself out a bit on this one. But I don't really have a choice in the matter, that's why I take on the projects, it forces me to work. I do take on other projects by the way, so if anybody wants a really gorgeous, artsy ketuba, give me a call.
- I've been researching having a baby, and all things involved, in this country way more than I should be considering we're not even trying yet (much to E's chagrin). I found this really great website www.doula.co.il. It's in hebrew (and about having a baby in Israel so it's only applicable to Israelis anyway), but it has some great info. A lot of alternativey type stuff (not super baby cutesy), and really useful info like a comparison of all the L and D centers in the country. Very useful in a country where centralization of information is not its strongsuit (is that one word or two). I'm nothing if not prepared.
That's all folks. I really have no idea how to end this post. So I will leave you with the possibility of an upcoming post on nothing but the things I have bought at Sephora in my past trecks to America, for no reason other than to drool and share the wealth of some truly great glittery makeup.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home