Sunday, July 16, 2006

No title, just suck

I feel like I have to write something about what is going on here. I just don't really know what to say. It sucks.

I am extremely lucky to be living in the center of the country. Nine people were just killed in Haifa, can you imagine rockets falling on your home in Washington, DC or some other large metropolitan area?

It sucks that we were attacked (and continue to be attacked, eventhough certain news sources have started to ignore that part of the story, "cough" CNN international) and already people are starting to blame Israel.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach that Beirut and the surrounding areas are being bombed. It's about their government and they're being punished for it. At the same time I think the airstrikes are completely justified.

I can promise you that while the Arabs in the village near our home are sending up fireworks in celebration every time a rocket lands in an Israeli city, no one is celebrating the air strikes in Lebanon.

I feel so shitty that I can't even get up the courage to email my good friend in Lebanon. Ray, I love you.

I'm not asking for anyone's approval, I'm not trying to convince anyone as to who is right, I'm just writing what I am feeling. Political comments will be deleted. Especially political opinions from people not living here or in Lebanon, I've seen some already (not on my blog) and it pisses me off and makes me more depressed.

I hope this all ends soon.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you - in hoping that this ends quickly.
Can not imagine the fear and sadness you must be experiencing. Can't even come close.
Thanks for "checking in" - was wondering about you.
Stay safe, and strong.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you and so many others are caught up in this. Living in Australia I just can't understand what it must be like, I just hope it all calms down soon. I'm so sick of war and terror and George Bush talking about sending his army to more and more countries to 'help'.

The sadest thing is that the people who really suffer are the most innocent in all of this. It's so unfair.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Timi said...

Thanks. I appreciate the thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home