Monday, July 07, 2008

It is Officially Summertime

Back from Florida. I had a lot of fun, but it was seriously stressful. Adi was just not happy the entire time, when you mix a 14 hour flight, jetlag, lots of doting family members, and a tooth that finally breaks through on the flight home, you get one unhappy 7 month old. Oy. But despite all that, I had fun with my family. Disney was great, a little known secret about my family is that they love love love Disney world (if you knew them you would be very suprised). I think it's the resort aspect of it that draws my family, everything is easy there (well, except for the crowds and the soup quality of the air in June), flawlessly organized and designed. After Disney we went to the Beach where E was at his conference. That was great too as long as I ignored the fact that our very fancy room smelled like ass. But, no matter how the actual trip was, having Adi be miserable really made me feel like a guilty parent and put a damper on things. But that's life with kids, right?

I still haven't cut Adi's hair, I'm such a chicken. What if I mess up her perfectly natural pixie! She can officially not see when she doesn't have a clip in her hair, I must take a picture of this, she is the epitome of baby einstein.

We have tentatively found child care for Adi for September. Our wonderful nanny is retiring and I think it's time to have other kids around as well. The whole process of finding this was a bit crazy, but hopefully it's working out. I think every single person on this moshav has been looking for childcare for the past 3 months and it took that long for someone to finally open something here. Thank god. Anyway, it's looking good, and in honor of the transition I just ordered 8 fancy shmancy Bum Genius diapers. Our nanny was great about using our prefolds (the couple bum geniuses that we have are used by E's mom who is just not quite meticulous enough to successfully use the prefolds) but we can't justify asking her future child care providers to take the extra time to fold and stuff diapers when they have lots of other kids running around. This way we know that Adi will be correctly diapered. Though every day care we talked to was perfectly happy to use our cloth diapers. One benefit to being in Israel is that most people still remember the crazy old hardcore cloth diapers that everybody had to use because disposables just weren't available (seriously, this is a westernized country and everything) so any improvement over that is a walk in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home