Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not the Only Chickens in the House

Adi was exposed to chickenpox on Thursday. I still can't believe it. Our friends called us last night saying that their daughter has the chickenpox and that they found the spots Friday night, meaning she was contagious and didn't know it on Thursday when they came over to visit. I'm still reeling. This particular couple is really my only set of friends on the Moshav but their parenting choices have been making me feel more and more uncomfortable and this is really crossing the line. How did they not pay attention to the fact that their daughter had been exposed? I can tell you we're not taking Adi anywhere near kids for the next 21 days. I'm fuming, especially since I am decidedly pro-vaccine and this just proves it even more for me. The fact that so many kids have the chickenpox in my area is a little rediculous, but then our friends kept putting off the vaccine and boom, now their daughter's sick and who do they put at risk? My daughter, who's not even old enough to get the vaccine! Maybe epidimioligists actually know what they're talking about.

I'm praying with every fiber of my body that Adi doesn't get sick. She's still so little, she'll just be miserable. I feel so awful. I don't know what to do about these friends. How do you go to someone and say, hi I think you're an irresponsible parent and I don't want my kid around you?

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Christy said...

There is nothing you can do. I get so angry when some sick kid coughs in my babies face. I want to scream to the parents, "Why is your snotty nose kid playing at the park today?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home