Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Step

First obstacle down, we have an appointment with an RE for next Sunday! Yay! I'm hoping they may even be able to get us to do an IUI cycle this month since the appointment is about a week before I ovulate. That would be exciting.

I saw my OB last night and she took one look at our test results and said exactly what I thought she would. Definetely the sperm. Though she didn't think the numbers were so awful, she thought that they would defintely start us on three natural IUI cycles. The only thing about our appointment with the RE is that he isn't a male factor specialist, but none of the doctors in Jerusalem are male factor specialists, at least officially. But supposedly they are rockstar REs and some of the people going to them must be with male factor so we'll just go with it until they tell us we need to see someone else. The only reason that this matters is because here men aren't sent specifically to urologists with fertility problems, the REs are supposed to be the ones to treat them as well. I have a feeling they will decide not to treat E anyway and just move forward with IUIs. But after next Sunday's appointment we'll be a lot wiser.

If I haven't said it before, I'd like to say it now, health insurance and the health system here is awesome. Doctors are amazing, you don't have to wait forever for appointments (not any more than for any in demand doctor), and everything is cheap. Really incredible. I feel so priviliged that I don't even have to second guess pursuing fertility treatments due to cost, and Israel is on the forefront of ART technology. I grew up in America and really do retain a lot of capitalist values, but sometimes a little socialization is not a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home