We're Starting
We had our RE appointment on Sunday, and we got what we expected. We're starting natural IUI cycles. We're even getting to do one this month. The only medication we might use is a trigger shot if it looks like it could help our chances of not needing an IUI on Saturday. They don't do IUIs here on Saturday, at all. I thought this was absolutely hilarious and my RE didn't even understand why I thought it was funny, which I thought was even funnier. I'd really like to avoid it since obviously the idea of giving myself a shot is not the most pleasant in the world, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Otherwise, it's as expected, ultrasounds and bloodwork on the couple days leading to ovulation, then IUI, day 21 bloodwork, and then blood pregnancy test (I'm pretty sure that's what they said, though maybe they just wait for me to get my period).
The only thing that was a bit surprising was that the doctor didn't seem particularly alarmed by E's sperm analysis. He says that it shouldn't be prohibitive of us getting pregnant. I guess he means relative to people who need IVF right away, but the bottom line is that we're not getting pregnant and his SA seems to be a contributing factor. I felt like he was a bit dismissive of it all. The end result is the same, he started us on IUIs, but I just don't love him, I feel like we just don't communicate well. We'll stick with him for now, because I think he's perfectly capable and the clinic is great, but if we have to move on to more serious stuff we might have to look for another doctor. He just seemed to be trying to convince us that nothing was wrong, but obviously something is wrong enough for him to start us on IUIs. I don't know, he just sent me mixed messages. Wish us luck, I'm going to try to keep things as low key about this as possible and take it as what it is, help without being too invasive. We'll see what happens.

2 Comments:
Hi Timi! I don't know if you will see the response I posted to you on my blog, so I thought I would try here. How are your IUIs going? I hope that you will be successful very soon. Anyway, I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found someone else undergoing fertility treatments in Israel and I hope that we can be a support to one another!
Hi. Thanks for commenting. I'm happy to have found someone else in Israel as well. I'll update my blog today so you can actually see what's going on with me. Do you have a blog email? I couldn't find it, but I've been using a reader for so long that I'm a little out of practice with this stuff. Mine is timi.blog at gmail dot com.
Post a Comment
<< Home