Over and Done
Well, the good news is that our first IUI went very smoothly and was rediculously easy, the bad news is that it didn't work. It was much easier than our monitoring cycle in that I only had to go in for two days of b/w and u/s. I went in on day 13, had a follicle of about 13mm, came back two days later and viola had a follicle of about 19mm. I took a trigger shot that night and then that Friday morning had the IUI, 36 hours later. Of course the only thing that wasn't great was E's sperm. Post wash he only had 3 million sperm which from what I've read is pretty much the bottom limit for IUIs. I spoke to my RE (via the nurse) yesterday and she said that it is the bottom limit but that the RE has seen a lot of women get pregnant with those numbers and that it is definetely worth our time to continue with the IUIs. So, onwards it is. This cycle will be the same, spontaneous ovulation, trigger shot, and IUI.
Today is CD 5, on CD 3 I went in and did my blood work and ultrasound. I don't think I have ever had that much blood taken at once, I felt like I had a date with a vampire. The results came back all looking pretty normal from what I can tell (I love my health insurance's online system, it really lets me stay in control of everything). And the u/s looked all clear. So, that's a good thing, it didn't feel particularly productive, but I know it's a good thing. It's better to have everything working well. I'll go in for my first b/w and u/s a week from tomorrow. For now, I'm trying to forget about everything until I have to deal with it again.

1 Comments:
Hi Timi, I really hope this cycle will work for you! I just saw your earlier response to me (sorry, from ages ago!). I don't have a blog email address, but you can always email me at alissac at ekmd dot huji dot ac dot il.
Post a Comment
<< Home